Saturday, April 3, 2010

Charleston Nostalgia

As most of you know, I've been looking for work for some time now, and even though I've given up all hope of going to back to Kiz Toys, I still find myself daydreaming about that magical summer. Here it is, Friday Night/Saturday Morning, and nearly every Friday night for those 2 months, K.P., Sara, Allen and I would sit around playing euchre and double-deck-bid euchre and drink beer, eat chips and generally be old people. For whatever god-forsaken reason, Allen was usually my partner (never got to be partners with Sara!) and he drove me INSANE. I take my card games VERY seriously and... no... I'm not going to get upset. Anyway, that's why I have that expression on my face. Also glad my hair has grown since then...
In the illustration, some things are off about the actual apartment itself... there was a weird half-tile floor and we had to have a lamp between Allen and K.P. so we could get light on the table, haha. I didn't spend too much time on this piece... there are several more components than I'm used to working on, but I'm trying to push that aspect of my drawing, rather than focusing on one character and forgetting the background. I worked on it off and on, haphazardly all day today... but if I had to guess, I'd say 6 hours total.


Good times, man. Good times.

No comments: